Does Egypt require COVID test for entry?COVID test is not required when arriving in Egypt.
Is it safe to travel to Egypt right now 2023?We get this question a lot at Osiris Tours. In short, Americans and other visitors can rest easy: yes, Egypt is a safe country for tourists.
Is it safe to go to Egypt right now?Egypt - Level 3: Reconsider Travel. Reissued with obsolete COVID-19 page links removed. Reconsider travel to Egypt due to terrorism. Exercise increased caution in Egypt due to the Embassy's limited ability to assist dual national U.S.-Egyptian citizens who are arrested or detained.
Can U.S. citizens travel to Egypt?Passport and Visas:
U.S. citizens must have a visa to enter Egypt. U.S. citizens can obtain a renewable single-entry 30-day tourist visa on arrival at Egyptian airports for a 25 USD fee. A multiple entry visa is also obtainable for 60 USD. The Government of Egypt has created a website for the issuance of “e-visas.”
"I Tried to Warn You" - Nikola Tesla Predicted Everything
What vaccines are required to travel to Egypt?The CDC and WHO recommend the following vaccinations for Egypt: hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, yellow fever, rabies, meningitis, polio, measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis), chickenpox, shingles, pneumonia and influenza.
Do I need vaccines for Egypt?Before you are ready to cruise the Nile or have your picture taken in front of the pyramids of Giza, you need to attend to your travel health. All travellers going to Egypt should consider getting vaccinated for hepatitis A and typhoid.
What to avoid when traveling to Egypt?
- Not researching the culture & country before you go. ...
- You don't pack culturally appropriate clothing. ...
- Not booking your Nile cruise first. ...
- Not hiring a guide for certain tourist sites. ...
- Travelling without a currency converter app. ...
- You forget to tip. ...
- Not haggling for shopping and taxis. ...
- You're not prepared for so much attention.
How much cash can I take to Egypt?Customs regulations
There is no limit to the amount of hard currency that you may bring in, but sums that exceed USD 10,000 should be declared on arrival. Certain valuables like electrical equipment, video cameras etc must be declared on arrival.
What to wear when traveling in Egypt?
Must-pack items for Egypt
- Long, baggy skirts and/or pants.
- Long-sleeved t-shirts.
- Bathing suit.
- Wide-brimmed hat.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- A scarf or shawl for women to cover their hair when visiting mosques.
- A light fleece or jacket if travelling outside of summer.
Do I need yellow fever vaccine for Egypt?Yellow Fever
Required for travelers ≥9 months old arriving from countries with risk for YF virus transmission; this includes >12-hour airport transits or layovers in countries with risk for YF virus transmission.
What are the risks of going to Egypt?
- Terrorists have attacked popular tourist locations resulting in deaths and injuries. ...
- Terrorist groups in Egypt have targeted Christians in recent years. ...
- You're at risk of kidnapping in Egypt. ...
- Violent crime can happen. ...
- Women, particularly foreigners, are frequently subject to unwelcome male attention.
Do I need visa for Egypt?The short answer is yes; foreign nationals from most countries - bar 10 - must obtain a visa before travelling to Egypt. For most nationalities, organising a visa for Egypt can be done on arrival at Cairo International Airport or online via the Egyptian government's official e-visa portal.
What documents do I need for Egypt visa?
Egypt Visa Requirements
- The Egypt Visa application form (two copies)
- Two passport-size pictures of yourself (2inch x 2inch, white background, taken recently)
- Your passport, valid for at least six more months from the date of entry in Egypt and with at least two blank pages.
How much is a visa for Egypt?To obtain an Egypt Tourist Visa on Arrival, one must have the following: A valid passport for at least 6 months. Passport with at least 1 blank page. Visa on Arrival fee is 25 USD in cash.
Should I bring US dollars to Egypt?It's always advisable to bring money in a variety of forms on a vacation: a mix of cash, credit cards, and traveler's checks. American and Canadian dollars, pounds sterling, and euros are all easily exchanged in Egypt, and Cairo International Airport has a number of 24-hour banks that give the same rates as in town.
Is it better to use cash or card in Egypt?As we mentioned earlier, cash is an important medium of exchange in Egypt. Pretty much all shops, restaurants, and commercial establishments around the country will accept Egyptian pound banknotes, and we recommend having some on hand when you travel.
How much US dollars should I bring to Egypt?The Egyptian Tourism Authority advises that travelers are not allowed to bring more than 5,000 EGP (approximately 320 USD) into the country in local currency. You can bring up to 10,000 USD or the equivalent in foreign currency and then swap it for Egyptian pounds at a currency exchange.
What is considered rude in Egypt?Basic Etiquette
It is considered impolite to point the toe, heel or any part of the foot toward another person. Showing the sole of one's shoe is also impolite. Modest dress and presentation is highly valued in Egyptian culture. Greetings often occur before any form of social interaction.